Not all researchers opt for the use of quantitative data analysis for their study. Based on a variety of factors, including their study population, the aim of their project, the results they wish to achieve and the research question they want to address, researchers may opt for qualitative analysis.
Qualitative analysis is a study that does not involve the use of empirical data or numbers. Unlike a quantitative study, where many of the results and findings are restricted to the empirical data that is gathered, qualitative analyses allow room for the researcher to make inferences and formulate theories from the information that is compiled. It is useful for exploratory studies, inductive reasoning or researchers who have adopted the interpretative philosophy.
What are the advantages of Qualitative Studies?
- Allows for a more in-depth perspective of collected information or a study that is gathered.
- Provides information on human behaviour and experiences.
- Allows for more flexibility than a quantitative study.
- Involves a smaller sample size, contributing to lower financial expenses.
However, qualitative studies can be tricky to carry out as they largely depend on the proficiency of the investigator. Qualitative research is more subjective and can be difficult to interpret.
How does Rehoboth Academic Services help with your Qualitative Study?
At Rehoboth Academic Services, we guide you in conducting thematic analyses to better understand your data. We help you familiarize yourself with the information that has been gathered and code the data. Once that is completed, we help identify themes that are central to the results. We opt for thematic analysis because not only is it widely used, it also is applicable to many different research theories and approaches.
We help you:
- Organize your collected data.
- Familiarize yourself with the findings and what they mean.
- Code the collected data.
- Identify broad themes that run through each interview.
- Understand these themes and draw inferences from your findings.
- Present your findings and interpretation in an appealing manner.
Please fill the form to reach out to us for assistance.