SPSS - Advanced Workshop
Date: March, 2021
This workshop is proposed to train participants with advanced data analysis skills using SPSS to yield quality research. The main intention of the training will be on ascertaining the right statistical tools and techniques for different research objectives and carrying out data analysis using SPSS. This workshop will focus not just learning the tools but to gain knowledge on interpreting the tables and figures obtained during analysis. The complete hands-on training methodology will be used to target on ‘do how’ rather than only ‘know-how’.
- To expose the participants towards simple ways of data analysis through interactive and practice-based sessions along with theoretical learning.
- To provide a hands-on experience of the models and tools used for conducting research in the different subject domains of Social Science, Engineering, Science and Management subjects.
- To equip the participants with the know-how to use SPSS to perform analyses to check for statistical significance and interpret the data output in a manner relevant to them.
- Choose the right statistical technique for different research questions
- Analyse data using advanced statistical techniques in SPSS
- Interpret SPSS output tables and report findings for publishing
WHO WILL BENEFIT MOST?
- PhD scholars, researchers, BS, MS, MPhil students who are working on theses, and wish to develop their data analysis skills.
- Faculty seeking direction on supervising research
- Professionals working in the development sector
- Anyone interested in quantitative research
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN?
- Reliability Analysis – Cronbach alpha estimation
- Exploratory Factor Analysis (EFA)
- 2- Way ANOVA
- Logistic Regression
WHY IS IMPORTANT TO LEARN?
1.Reliability Analysis: It is used to determine the quality of the questionnaire by measuring the internal consistency of the research tool. The consistency is studied by calculating Cronbach’s Alpha value.
2. EFA: The purpose of EFA is to reduce many individual items into a fewer number of dimensions and identify the underlying relationships between measured variables.
3. 2-Way ANOVA: Helps to understand the effect of multiple groups of two independent variables on a dependent variable and on each other.
4. MANOVA: Allows us to test hypotheses regarding the effect of one or more independent variables on two or more dependent variables.
5. ANOCOVA: Tests the main and interaction effect of categorical variables on a continuous dependent variable.
6. MANCOVA: Defines whether there are any statistically significant differences between the adjusted average of three or more independent groups, having controlled for a continuous covariate.
7. Logistic Regression: Finds the relationship between a binary dependent variable and one or more independent variables.
Pre-requisite to attend the program
You should have attended our foundational course (SPSS – Foundation Workshop) or should have knowledge on basic tools like correlation, regression etc. using SPSS.
Fees: Rs.1,500 + 18% GST (Rs.1,770).
I am interested to register by secure payment gateway: Pay here
(or) Google Pay / PhonePe / PayTM – 9731988227.
For more details:
Call us at 9731988227 / 9741871657.
Note: We request you to bring your laptop with SPSS loaded (Get trial version SPSS here). The software will load if your laptop has Windows 10 with 64 bit.
Interested. Please fill the form